Help

DaBears57

I live in Wheaton,IL (near Chicago) I have SBC Global DSL 1.5 mbit down 384 up. With speed tests I get 600- or 650. When I download the openoffice torrent (supposedly super fast speeds) I cant get above 82. I have forworded with WRTG54 and McAfee firewall I used that one dudes thing to make ur max connections 50 and I know theres a supposed to be a prob with that router if u leave it on for 5 days but thats not the prob . I just cant get high speeds. I have used utorrents port checker it says its open , Network Ok at the bottom. Anyone else have SBC DSl and have this same prob. Also I am using port 48625 if that matters. I am out of ideas to get a faster d/l speed. HELP

I have SBC 1.5/384. I pretty much receive the full speed that I pay for. Approximately 150KB/s down, 36KB/s up. Perhaps your DSL signal isn't powerful enough because you're far from the nearest co-lo station or whatever. I suggest that you find the signal levels that your modem is receiving, then call and complain to SBC. Only receiving 650 out of 1500kbits that you pay for is unacceptable.

Archived