Slower seed speeds with utorrent 2.0

houkouonchi

I was using 1.8.2 until the whitelist was removed on the tracker I primarily seed at and was forced to upgrade to 2.0. Since using 2.0 I noticed I am getting much lower speeds (lower than I have seen in quite some time). Before I would average anywhere from 100-200 megabits and averaged around 130 megabits or so (during times I had utorrent uncapped). Just today I upgraded to 2.0 and you can see the difference from the weekly bandwidth graph:

utorrent_2.0.png

The spike on Wednesday was from something else and on Thursday I noticed my speeds drop and drop from the fact utorrent wasn't contacting the tracker anymore. When it bumped up again is when I changed to version 2.0 but it didn't increase that much and after a while it started decreasing again. You can see this better on the daily graph:

utorrent_2.0-day.png

Utorrent 1.8.2 was likely blocked at around 17:00 on the graph... speeds decreased until around 21:00 when I upgraded to utorrent 2.0. Things seemed bottlenecked for a while until I disabled the bt.tcp_rate_control at around 23:00. Things got slightly better but ended up dropping down again.

The type of speeds I am getting now seem kind of pathetic to what I am used to and the main difference i see is the upgrade to 2.0. Can anyone thing of any changes from 1.8.2 -> 2.0 that would cause a great speed difference on very high speed connections or things i can try to optimize seed speeds?

Update:

Ok so still getting slow speeds. Its even more obvious as my previous network graph included an interface that wasn't BT traffic and here is the graphs from pretty much just BT:

switch_utorrent_2_week.png

You can really see how the speed dropped. Here is the daily:

switch_utorrent_2_day.png

The tracker I was on which suddenly removed 1.8.2 from their whitelist (not sure why) they still had 1.7.7 on their whitelist so I went ahead and downgraded to that and my speeds went up a lot. You can really see the huge difference from 2.0 -> 1.7.7. The two above graphs above were literally right after switching to 1.7.7 and here is after running 1.7.7 for a while:

switch_utorrent_1.7_day.png

And here is another view of the switch after running 1.7.7 for a while, definitely a huge difference:

switch_utorrent_1.7_day-2.png

Archived