WebUI can't add new torrents

aTsgR

Hi,

I am using the new WebUI (0.370) and uTorrent 2 in a windows 7 x64 box, the problem is as the topic says that I can't add new torrents to it; no errors reported by either IE8 or Firefox 3.6. Moreover I can add torrents using TorrentAdder that I downloaded from this web site; anyone has a clue why?

Also while the downloaded version says 0.370 on my browser header bar it says 0.361 and I have no clue as to why it's that...

P.S. uTorrent isn't run as administrator and I don't understand why I should use administrator as I can add torrents with TorrentAdder hence the API works fine.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Also while the downloaded version says 0.370 on my browser header bar it says 0.361 and I have no clue as to why it's that...

Because you didn't install it correctly. You're supposed to rename the downloaded v0.370 to webui.zip and replace the webui.zip in Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent.

I did... and it works, but still says on the browser head it's 0.362. The problem is that I just can't add torrents from the web browser. Besides it's a clean install of windows that runs only utorrent, the first thing I installed was utorrent 2 and the webui you provide (tbh I tried also a snapshot of the svn too). Also I tried to use SSL using the webui guide you provide in Documentation but stunnel gave me the SSL too long error...searched the net found zero information so I disabled it.

While I am at it is there any way to increase the RAM cache of utorrent?

Preferences > Advanced > Disk Cache

Again, I say you haven't installed v0.370 correctly because the titlebar has the wrong version. There is no way that is possible unless v0.370 wasn't actually installed, because v0.370 doesn't even have "0.361" anywhere in the source. Why doesn't v0.361 properly add torrents? Because it didn't properly support token auth, and was fixed in v0.370.

Exactly where have you placed/edited webui.zip?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I faced the same problem that I can't add .torrent from my browser. I tried to google this problem and found this post.

Thanks for both of you now my problem seems fixed. I just tried to run the utorrent by "Administrator" now there is no problem to add .torrent from any of my we browser now.

Archived