WebUI Priority Changing

melaw

Hi there.

I'm using the WebUI on a private server.

If I want do download a small part of a larger torrent,

I can only add the whole torrent and then quad-click the priority of every file I don't want.

That's really annoying.

BUT it's possible to select files, so if there would be a button to set the

priority for selected files it would be perfect, or maybe a keyboard shortcut.

Hope anyone understands my problem, I just clicked 20 minutes to get it right!

Hold Ctrl (or Shift) while left-clicking to select multiple files, right-click, and go. As in the regular UI.

If using the Files tab takes 20 minutes in WebUI, it'll take you nearly as long in the regular UI's Files tab (and that means you're doing something incorrectly).

Sure I know how to select multiple files, but there is no context-menu... right-click does nothing in the webUI. I can only change the priority by doubleclicking every file in the "Files" tab

Should there be a right-click-context-menu in the WebUI? (Browser is the latest Firefox)

Yes, there is a context menu. You must have an extension installed that's eating up the right-click event before it ever hits WebUI. Or you haven't enabled Tools > Options... > Content > Enable JavaScript > Advanced... > Allow scripts to: Disable or replace context menus.

Can you give me a link to the plugin I need for the context menu?

That seems to be the problem, java is allowed to replace the menu

But I found out that if I hold the left mouse button down and then right-click,

the context menu appears. so there might be a issue with another plugin like

mousegestures/rockergestures.

Anyway I can get it to work now, so thanks a lot

There is no plugin needed. The problem is almost definitely with the "plugins" that you already have installed. What extensions are you using?

And just FYI, JavaScript isn't the same thing as Java. Your mentioning Java confused me for a second.

Sorry for the typo, of course it's not the same thing.

As I'm using a lot of extensions, there would be no use to name them all.

But I'm sure the mousegestures cause the error by waiting for mouse movement

after rightclick. If I deactivate this plugin, context menu in the WebUI works regular.

Left-Right-Combo always works, so it's no problem at all keeping all my settings.

You mentioned a extension that catches the right click event...

just for interest, what did you mean with that?

I'm saying that some extensions read mouse events, act on them, and might fail to pass them onto the web application. Mouse gestures is exactly the category of extensions I was thinking of as the potential problem (though there may of course have been other mouse-related extensions in the Firefox extensions community that I'm not aware of -- which is why I asked for a list).

At any rate, as long as you've determined what causes your issue, then good enough.

Archived