uTorrent directory tree listing broken

masamunecyrus

This took me a long, long time to isolate and figure out what the issue is, but I've narrowed it down very well and hope that it should be quick to fix.

When you add a torrent to uTorrent, a dialog box pops up with a directory tree and all of the files where you can select individual files or entire folders to download. This directory tree is broken.

Example:

Here is my actual directory tree:

├─folder1
│ │ folder1_file
│ │
│ └─folder2
│ │ folder1_folder2_file
│ │
│ └─folder3
│ folder1_folder2_folder3_file

└─folder3
│ folder3_file

├─folder4
│ │ folder3_folder4_file
│ │
│ └─folder5
│ folder3_folder4_folder5_file

└─folder5
folder3_folder5_file

This is what uTorrent is giving me:

2m4d4ap.png

Clearly, this is not correct. Not only are the indents incorrect, but several directories with the same name seem to have been merged into one directory. This causes some really confusing directory structures in more complex torrents.

Fortunately, this only occurs in this particular "Add New Torrent" dialog box. Though the file locations look bizarre, when you actually add the torrent and look at the filelist in the "Files" tab, the directories are correct. And when you download the files, the directories are correct. It is only this dialog box, but it can be very confusing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and uTorrent 2.0.1. I have also tested this on a 32-bit Windows XP SP3 machine, and the bug is still there. To help with bug-fixing, I have prepared a .zip file of the above directory structure and a .torrent.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnzgoum5ozo/directory_bug.zip

Archived