Utorrent Cluster

jakeman95

Hello,

I wasn't sure which forum would be the best place to check into the best plan on making something like a utorrent cluster; so I thought I would post this here on the Chat board.

The basic idea behind this is I have access to several servers on high speed connections (some 50-100mbps) and I wanted to build a cluster type environment that would allow me to seed (or whomever I gave access to post to a specific RSS feed) torrents at a high speed.

The basic setup I'm trying to figure out would be two things.

1) How to configure the initial seed to give priority to specific IPs (aka the other servers in the cluster) so that if the initial seed has a low connection it can be pushed quickly to the other utorrent servers in the cluster with higher connections. Then, after it pushes to these servers it then seeds to the other peers as normal.

The idea behind this is that although the idea that you share with everyone, but if you can push a complete file from a seed with say only 250k upload to a peer with 50mbps upload (that you know will seed the file for 1000%, 2000%, or more) it would provide to be beneficial for the rest of the peers (lets face it, initial seeding isn't fun especially if the initial seed is slow and you have hundreds of users checking for pieces, not to mention, parts of the torrent will likely be transmitted twice or more times before the first peer has completed a download which then the initial seed doesn't know if they will even continue to seed at that point).

2) Is there a way to give higher priority to users who have higher upload speeds or higher average seed ratio? It would be nice to be able to push the data to peers that are likely to seed the torrent or have resources to help spread the data quicker.

Now I realize this data can be forged (at least, the ratio can be, the upload not as easily); however, as my first setup point makes, if you can push data to peers with higher uploads who can seed the data to other users, I think torrents would be able to be pushed faster.

If you have any ideas how to work this let me know. I realize it can be done if I just let these 3-6 machines have the torrent before releasing it public; however, I would like to give other people access to this without them having to worry about that aspect.

(optional 3rd)

A way to delete a torrent and it's data after the torrents seed ratio has been met. Basically there's no need for me to keep the data on all of the cluster machines (not to mention, some of them only have 100GB drives) so I need a way to have utorrent remove them.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to do this!

Archived