HTTP Error 400

FairyDave

Hi all,

I found several threads (here and elsewhere) mentioning "HTTP Error 400" when trying to use the internal tracker after running into the problem myself. Couldn't find any fixes mentionted and was trying out different things. Eventually, out of sheer desperation, I used the WebUI port instead of the connection port and everything just started working. Hope this can help other people

Cheers,

Dave

• bt.enable_tracker: Enabling this option enables the rudimentary tracker embedded in µTorrent. If you wish to use this tracker, the URL is located at http://IP:port/announce, where IP is your WAN IP address, and port is the port µTorrent is listening on (or the alternative listening port if set and enabled). If you use a dynamic DNS service, your domain may be used instead of your IP address. The embedded tracker allows tracking of external .torrent files, and provides no way to limit them. There is no interface for viewing the .torrent files that are tracked. It is imperative that µTorrent is able to listen for incoming connections for this feature to work properly, so you have to make sure you have completely forwarded your ports in order to use the embedded tracker.

Archived