Error with symliked directories used as download target

cedenbal

My downloads are sorted into the appropriate directories. I have to set "dir_download:" a directory, where I create symlinks to the relevant files and directories. During normal operations it works perfectly, but when I restart server (for ex., killall utserver | ./ utserver -daemon) all symlinked files are continue to downloads or seeds, but symlinked directories are marked with an exclamation mark in a red circle and the words "Error:??" .

Some serials also have a hundred episodes sorted by subdirectory hierarchy, do not create the symlink for each of them ? :) By the script its can be easily to do, but it's so trash my "dir_download" ... :(

Can I somehow fix this problem or can anybody please suggest a solution.

Used:

Debian 5 Lenny on headless server without X, latest utserver release.

During debugging my utserver starts from with root rigths from ~/utorrent-server/, there are utorrent.conf and webui locates.

Torrent files and all data files (ie dir_download, dir_active, dir_torrent_files etc.) are located at mounted partition (formated ext3). dir_temp_files is NOT used and not symlinked.

Yes it WORKS!

After i'm "rm" all previousely installed version including webui and then reinstall utserver from new downloaded package it works fine. No troubles in webui when i'm restart daemon, my torrents from symlinked files and directories are starts seeding and downloading successfully.

Thank you for this fine software!

Archived