No trackers loading?

Joel1113

I feel like an idiot even posting this because usually I can figure the problem out through searches so I apologize for the inconvenience in advance.

For the longest time now I've used uTorrent to download a TON of things. I changed the settings the other day to make it download faster and I was getting up over 1mb/s. I went to download a few things lately only to have uTorrent not be able to find ANY trackers.

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce - No Such Host is Found

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce - No Such Host is Found

7 other trackers... "hostname not found"

Any clues on what to do? I'm fairly new to this thing, all I know is to find something and download it.

BACK UP your settings first!

Reset uTorrent's settings back to their defaults -- this can be done even without losing the loaded torrent lists by deleting ONLY the settings.dat file. Read here for more details about that:

http://user.utorrent.com/faq/installation

Assuming that doesn't solve the problem, I figure a firewall (even from an antivirus or something like Peerblock or Peer Guardian 2) might be to blame.

Well, does it have "internet protection" of some kind...which implies that it's a firewall?

Well, I feel like an idiot and I have to apologize to you Switeck. Thanks for your help. I uninstalled CA Antivirus and the download is working. I couldn't find any kind of internet options for it so removing it sounded easier.

Archived