"Error: ??" for all torrents, but only on utserver restart

gn0me

Hey there, not sure how to debug this-- I've read a few of the other threads and made sure that the download path has no spaces or non-alphanumeric characters or mounted from a special location.. my /etc/fstab has this for the entire filesystem:

/dev/sda1 / ext4 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0

I'm running:

Linux megatron 2.6.32-26-generic-pae #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 10:31:20 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

And can add torrents fine and they run perfectly, but then if I restart the utserver process, they all have the status of "Error: ??" -- but if I add a new one, it works perfectly, until restart again.

Any tips or additional information required? Let me know and how I'd access it!

Thanks,

Gui

Visit http://server:port/gui/token.html, grab the TOKEN from between the <div ...>TOKEN</div> tag, then visit http://server:port/gui/?token=TOKEN&list=1 (replace TOKEN with the token you grabbed from token.html).

Is there a more detailed error message in the output for those torrents?

The error message was one of being unable to read the .torrent file-- the reason was that I set both my "completed torrents" and "autoload torrents" paths to be the same, resulting in all torrent files being renamed to ".torrent.loaded"

It's obvious now why the server couldn't find the .torrents and gave me the error. Thank you very much for the information on getting the JSON information out of there! Helped a lot in finding this issue.

Lesson:

Don't set your completed folder to the same as your autoload!

I should probably have WebUI spit an error at the user if it detects that the user set both the storage and autoload directories to the same directory.

uTorrent Server will refuse to work with an autoload directory that is the same as the active torrent files directory, but no check is made for the autoload directory being the same as the completed torrent files directory; I've added an issue to the issue tracking system on that.

Archived