Slackware, kernel 2.6.35.9, utserver 3.0a starts only from current dir

IRON.klg

Slackware 13.

Kernel 2.6.35.9, x86.

µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 23418.

I have downloaded and unpack archive.

I'm start utserver from non-root user.

torrent@ironnet:~$ ls /home/torrent/.utorrent/
+100500\ -\ ??????\ 18.torrent Vosxodi.(4.iz.4).2007.x264.BDRip.torrent dht.dat.old interny\ 46-60.torrent resume.dat.old rss.dat.old settings.dat.old utserver*
Nature's.Journey.2007.x264.BDRip.720p.mkv.torrent dht.dat docs/ resume.dat rss.dat settings.dat utorrent* webui.zip*

Here I would like to notice that +100500\ -\ ??????\ 18.torrent is the name of .torrent file with russian characters and Utorrent is my script to run utserver.

When I try to start utserver with current directory!=<utorrent_dir> i have:

torrent@ironnet:~$ /home/torrent/.utorrent/utserver -daemon
server started - using locale LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_TIME=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_NAME=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_ADDRESS=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_TELEPHONE=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_MEASUREMENT=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=ru_RU.UTF-8

When I try to enter to WEB UI, I can see:

The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details.

I click here and have HTTP ERROR 503.

Now I kill utserver and try to start it in another way.

I do CD to <utorrent_dir>:

torrent@ironnet:~$ cd /home/torrent/.utorrent/

And

torrent@ironnet:~/.utorrent$ utserver -daemon
server started - using locale LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_TIME=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_NAME=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_ADDRESS=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_TELEPHONE=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_MEASUREMENT=ru_RU.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=ru_RU.UTF-8

Web IU starts, where I can see that torrent with russian characters marked as "ERROR: ??".

Here is two bugs (IMHO), which I found in utorrent-linux.

I'll be glad if I can be usefull in testing and fixing this bugs.

Best regards from Russia.

• 1 month later...

Archived