I need some help please

valegt

Hello everyone

I am having a problem and I need someone who know very well how the Bittorrent works.

I am usually downloading files (Films) throug the program but my question is if at the same time I am downloading the file, some other user could be downloading another file from my computer without me knowing... which would be the case of my uploading this file.... is there some where in the Guide Manual where this is written?

Thanks a lot!

VG

No. You share (download or upload, whatever) only the torrents (in fact the files related to each active torrent job) loaded into µT.

BitTorrent is not like Kazaa, you're NOT sharing a complete folder or partition. So the peers can't see the other files stored on your computer.

• 1 month later...

question....after downloading my .torrents, is there any reason to keep/save the uTorrent part of the newly created file? The new file has my videoes, or required info (music,etc)..

I have joined a "controlled membership" .torrent site .... and on several occasions was asked to "reseed" a .torrent file I'd finished with weeks/months earlier.... and in this instance, I need both the uTorrent - which created my finished video file, and the finished video file, itself. These 2 parts, can be "put back together and checked by the utorrent program...for accurate and completeness.... and reposted as an available seed... to help one member get his file finished... or..a dozen members.

Other than this singular incident, are there benefits to keeping the utorrent file... once you have the video file completed..I want to dump these many, many useless files (useless in my mind - are they?).

Archived