WebUI - works for localhost, but not externally.

n3onkn1ght

HI everyone,

I'm having a small issue with the utorrent WebUI. I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1, and I've used the latest WebUI from this thread (the link "2011-03-19") and I've placed it in the utorrent appdata. Connecting to the webUI through http://localhost:port/gui works fine, asks for username/password, and takes me through, looks lovely. But as soon as I use my external IP address instead of localhost (taken from whatismyip.org), it fails. It asks for username and password still, so there is still some connection there, but after providing that data, the browser just hangs, trying to load the page for all eternity. I've tried connecting through uMonitor on my phone, it fails to connect. I've got an account on dynDNS which is assosiated with my IP address (I've set it up on my router, AND I've got the dynDNS updater software on my computer). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

My router is a D-link 615, I'm connecting through wireless. I am on a PC. On the router, I've provided my dynDNS hostname all in lowercase, my username as my dynDNS account username and my dynDNS account password.

I can ping my external IP address AND my hostname in CMD.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Archived