utorrent.exe Process Trouble

Polonium

Hi,

Recently, The utorrent process and the Google Chrome process would freeze/hang anytime I tried to use these programs. This period of unusability began two days ago, on Wednesday. I've been using both programs for months prior. I did the usual run in safe mode malware scan, to find nothing. I was very sure that I was malware-free. So, I uninstalled both programs completely (which was rather difficult to do, the installers wouldn't work either).

uTorrent is very dear to me, so after some more housekeeping, I tried to reinstall it. However, the installer does not load after "clicking" on the .exe . No amount of waiting will satisfy this beast. Opening the task manager reveals the process sitting there. So, I try again. Tears of joy stream down my face as the familiar face of an installation wizard appears before me. My vizage does not remain in its euphoric state; everything related to uTorrent goes (Not Responding), and I am back at square one.

I am using 64bit Windows Vista. I had uTorrent installed for ages prior. Virus/Malware scans reveal nothing, My snooping reveals nothing. Even my Google/Wikipedia-Fu is too weak.

The only thing that removes the window and the process is a reboot. I still can't use uTorrent.

What do I do?

EDIT: I neglected to mention that an inferior, bloated client works fine (by this, I mean I can download and the speeds are good.)

I'd rather use uTorrent, but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

HOWEVER, I THINK I MY PREVIOUS ASSUMPTION OF NOT HAVING MALWARE IS INCORRECT.

STAY TUNED...

Archived