How to complete a torrent stuck at 99.8% when I have 100% of files

Aussiecubs

I was downloading a movie torrent with a large avi file which has been stuck at 99.8% for weeks and weeks with 1 seed and 50 plus peers so I decided to forget it and downloaded another copy of the movie.

I found a second new torrent with the same name, dowloaded that torrent and when Utorrent started it off this new torrent automatically started to recheck itself and then registered that it had already downloaded 99.8% and then promptly downloaded the missing 0.2% and completed itself.

So now I have two torrents showing in Utorrent, one in the completed downloads list showing 100% completed with 10 seeds and 12 peers, the other one in the active downloads list showing 1 seed and 50 peers and 99.8% completed.

I feel sorry for the 50 peers stuck at 99.8% and would like to help them complete the torrent but don't know how to help them.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

Stop the uncomplete torrent, right-click and "force re-check". If it's same hash it should complete to 100 %.

You could also copy the tracker URL from the uncomplete torrent (righ-click->Properties->General) and paste it into the other complete torrent tracker list. Then delete the uncomplete torrent.

Thanks for the suggestions Quasit, tried them but did not work. I assume that they must have a different hash value but then I can't understand how the second torrent was able to use the data already downloaded from the first one to then get to 99.8% and then download the last 4mb to complete to 100%.

What is also weid is that the second torrent (which had downloaded to 100%) the next day showed an error, with some of its data missing. I forced a recheck and it then checked itself to 99.8% and promptly started to download the missing 0.2% and then completed to 100%.

Seems like it is impossible to help out the other peers stuck at 99.8% on the first torrent.

Any other suggestions?

Archived