Help with utserver.conf

wabbit

I use utorrent with the WebUI.

When I quit utorrent and start it up again, all the torrents are broken and the following error appears in all the torrents. I can fix it by "right-click" and selecting "remove". Then I add the same torrent again and it downloads at the same percentage as it had before.

Error: Can't open .torrent file: /utorrent/incomplete/0000084d-0004.utt

What is wrong with utserver.conf ?

ut_webui_dir: /home/myuser/utorrent-server-v3_0/

dir_temp_files: /utorrent/incomplete

dir_torrent_files: /utorrent/incomplete

dir_active: /utorrent/incomplete

dir_completed: /utorrent/download

bind_port: 2222

ut_webui_port: 3333

preferred_interface: eth0

upnp: false

natpmp: false

lsd: false

disk_cache_max_size: 100

admin_name: myadmin

admin_password: mypassword

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wabbit,

I have previously come up against the same problem. mcdonald assisted me by pointing out that dir_temp_files needs to be assigned to a different location to dir_active and dir_torrent_files. Since my last post in that thread I've made a minor change to utserver.conf to define the working directories as follows,

dir_active: /home/share/incoming/incomplete

dir_completed: /home/share/incoming/complete

dir_temp_files: /home/share/incoming/incomplete/temp

dir_torrent_files: /home/share/incoming/incomplete

For me, the incomplete and complete directories are somewhat convenient as they are also used by SABnzbd+.

Hi Linut,

Thank you for your answer.

The specified dir_temp_files location does not work because it gets deleted since it is inside incomplete. So I just placed it at another location entirely.

I had to delete all the temporary files in utorrent-server-v3_0 for the directory changes to take effect.

wabbit,

I may have misunderstood but are you saying that modifying your locations to read,

dir_temp_files: /utorrent/incomplete/temp

dir_torrent_files: /utorrent/incomplete

dir_active: /utorrent/incomplete

dir_completed: /utorrent/download

does not result in satisfactory behaviour? I thought it would be as simple as 'mkdir'ing the temp directory and adjusting utserver.conf. I've never had my temp directory disappear from incomplete/.

Hi Linut,

I'm using µTorrent Debian 64 v25376 with WebUI v0.385.

Yes, you understood correctly.

To be safe, I just placed all the locations in separate folders; none are childs of another.

dir_temp_files was chmod 777 so maybe that is why is was being deleted. Did you delete all the temp files in utorrent-server-v3_0 ? If not, I noticed that directory changes are not applied.

Archived