Speed Issues (Africa)

n1ghtwalk3r786

Hi guys i liv in africa i got problems with speeds on my utorrent at times its hitting 100kbps at times only 0.3 kbps and times mostly 10-12kbps well when i do a direct download i hit up to 90-120 kbps stable download but on utorrent nothing my browsing is fast youtube is fast but utorrent is extremely slow i got two open ports 23 and 513 on my network i setted my utorrent to port 513 for 4 mins i was hitting 100kbps then it just dropped to 0.3 kbps any ideas why? what i could do to reslove this issue.

am using wireless techo to get on the net i have been given a anntenna which connects to ap my cpe is called green packet i have one public ip address and i am connected direct to my anntenna which has a dhcp running on it.. well almost the internet link is behind alot of routers so its most prbz has the ports blocked so port fowarding want help but i nmaped my public ip address and got 513 and 23 port open..

below is a screen shot of my direct downloads

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/directdownload.jpg/

@times i get a green status on the status bar below and at times i get a orrange bar with ! on it in screen shot below it have orange bar with ! i dunno why this happens.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/utorrentem.jpg/

and this is my test result for Glasnost

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits uploads on port 6881 or 53824. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 167 Kbps while uploads on port 53824 achieved up to 164 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.

However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 53824. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 20 Kbps while downloads on port 53824 achieved up to 41 Kbps.

OR visit for more test info:http://loki08.mpi-sws.mpg.de//bb//glasnost.php?protocol1=BitTorrent&protocol2=controlflow&port=6881&port2=53824&dir=0;1&flow0=30;7;4&flow1=147;164;143&flow2=5;4;13&flow3=135;167;137&flow4=1;11;1&flow5=15;41;36&flow6=4;14;2&flow7=18;20;5&details=yes

if you need any more info please let me know..?

also could vpn reslove my issue if the ports were opened via vpn..

regards

n1ghtwalk3r786

Archived