Stop download, continue upload

Chaa006

Is it possible, using µTorrent 2.2.1, to stop a download but to continue uploading ? I am currently downloading from a tracker that is ratio-aware, and although I no longer wish to continue downloading this particular torrent (because a better version has become available), I would like to to allow others to continue to leech it from me. Is this possible ?

. . .Click a torrent then on the files tab CTRL+A then Click Don't Download, then keep seeding. . .
Doesn't seem to work -- I am currently downloading "UCI Road World Championships- Elite Men's road race" which has a single file ("UCI Road World Championships- Elite Men's road race.avi"); I click on the file (in the files tab), and/or press Ctrl+A in that tab, right-click and select "Don't download", yet the file continues to download...

Added : now it has stopped, and reported "Download complete", even though only 20% has downloaded; is it possible that it needs to complete a "piece" or a block before downloading will actually stop ?

. . .Click a torrent then on the files tab CTRL+A then Click Don't Download' date=' then keep seeding. . .[/quote']Doesn't seem to work -- I am currently downloading "UCI Road World Championships- Elite Men's road race" which has a single file ("UCI Road World Championships- Elite Men's road race.avi"); I click on the file (in the files tab), and/or press Ctrl+A in that tab, right-click and select "Don't download", yet the file continues to download...

Added : now it has stopped, and reported "Download complete", even though only 20% has downloaded; is it possible that it needs to complete a "piece" or a block before downloading will actually stop ?

Yup it's possible that it 1st needs to complete certain "Pieces" anyway

just set the Download Limit to the lowest possible "1kbps"

Cheers ^^

Archived