μTorrent remote as default torrent aplication?

sapient

Is it possible to set the μtorrent remote as the default torrent client on windows? Or on Firefox? So when I click on a torrent link in a web page it opens the μtorrent remote web page and uploads the torrent?

Kind of like how it is possible to register gmail as the default e-mail client...

Or alternatively is there an external app that can work with remote.utorrent.com and be set as the default torrent client in windows?

Is it possible to set the μtorrent remote as the default torrent client on windows? Or on Firefox? So when I click on a torrent link in a web page it opens the μtorrent remote web page and uploads the torrent?

Kind of like how it is possible to register gmail as the default e-mail client...

Or alternatively is there an external app that can work with remote.utorrent.com and be set as the default torrent client in windows?

Go to the location of the torrent your downloading, not the files within it and click on it look on the top left corner and click the arrow next to open and choose uTorrent. If it's not listed click on choose default and find it from there.

I think sapient was talking about opening torrent files with utorrent via remote access. i would very much like to know how to do that as well. I have an app on my android phone that does just that very nicely but i'm having trouble fining a way to do it on my pc. Since the remote interface on utorrent is web based it should be very easy to write a small client program to handle it. I'll be suggesting it to the utorrent programmers

• 1 month later...

Archived