uTorrent not responding after adding torrents

vaidasm

uTorrent UI is ignoring any activity: everything works fine except that clicking or pressing keyboard does not work. Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Set auto add torrents from ~/Downloads

2. Set auto delete .torrent

3. Run uTorrent

4. Download any .torrent with Chrome

5. wait until torrent will be added with uTorrent

6. Click on downloaded torrent in chrome downloads bar.

7. uTorrent is fozen, I cannot press anythong, nor quit....

uTorrent 1.5.11, Mac OS X Lion.

vaidasm

Yesterday 21:26:16

uTorrent UI is ignoring any activity: everything works fine except that clicking or pressing keyboard does not work.

Thanks a lot for reporting this bug! Could you please help us further and send me an e-mail with a sample of the process taken in Activity Monitor? We'll keep the information confidential, of course, and will be able to solve the problem faster, because it is difficult to reproduce here. Thanks again! :)

vaidasm

Yesterday 21:26:16

uTorrent UI is ignoring any activity: everything works fine except that clicking or pressing keyboard does not work.

Thanks a lot for reporting this bug! Could you please help us further and send me an e-mail with a sample of the process taken in Activity Monitor? We'll keep the information confidential, of course, and will be able to solve the problem faster, because it is difficult to reproduce here. Thanks again! :)

Did you received my email? I sent it through this forum, so Im not sure....

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem!!

I've tried to reinstall several times, but its all the same.

After adding torrents, uTorrent does not respond! Torrents download fine, and I am able to add new torrents. But I cant quit uTorrent or interact with it. I have to "force quit" uTorrent every time.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

• 6 months later...

I have encountered this problem also. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with 16Gb ram on an Intel i7 Quad core processor.

I am using the latest versions of uTorrent and have all current windows updates installed

I switched to BitTorrent but am encountering the same problem with it as with uTorrent.

After it locks up if I try and add more torrents, I get an error window saying "uTorrent appears to be running but is not responding"

Next week when I'm off work, I will be considering doing a complete nuke and pave on windows removing all older programs and updating everything.

Archived