How can I change torrent name before downloading?

Pinetop

Hello,

In the couple of months I've been using a Mac, I've managed to download 1200+ torrents, most of which are poorly named, because I haven't been able to figure out how to rename a torrent as I'm adding it to uTorrent. My hard-drive is now a mess.

...when I click on a new torrent, the torrent's details window opens, and under "Torrent Contents," I can see the name of the file or folder as it will appear on my HDD. How can I change the name? It was easy to do on Windows, and I don't see other people asking about it here, so I assume there's an obvious answer that I'm overlooking.

Anyone care to enlighten a new Mac/Utorrent for Mac user?

Thanks!

Pinetop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I registered just to "me too" this thread. I appreciate the addition of being able to choose a download location, but not being able to rename the file is a real pain. When you rename it later, uTorrent loses the file and is no longer able to seed. All in all, just kind of a pain in the butt.

Admins, is this feature on the list somewhere? Is there a list I can add it to?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I could think of doing is moving the Name column towards the right side of the screen and bringing the Label column all the way to the left. Then whenever I add a torrent I just apply a Label calling it whatever I want and organize it that way. Yeah, renaming would be much easier but this is better than nothing.

Archived