search within torrent

sis58

Unsure what you mean but I will try to cover both bases. If you mean can you check files in a torrent to see if a certain file is there, let's say an album for instance and you want a specific song, then you can normally click on the torrent file and you should be able to get the contents of the file from there before you download it.

If you mean can you choose which files you download from a specific torrent, then click the link below, It will show you how to get the torrent file box to open which used to come up automatically on past uTorrents, you can then deselect any you don't want by taking the tick out of the box.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=106248

Thank you for your answer, Mac.

What I want is to check if certain files are listed in the torrent. I know how to select the ones I want or don't want, but I wondered if I could look for particular files without browsing thousands of them.

Thanks again :)

I can only think that you are looking for something like a particular song within an album and perhaps don't know the name of the album, unfortunately a search will only give you the torrent name. Your best bet would probably be googling for what it is you are after, if it is part of an album then the album name will most likely come up in google, or you could just search for the artist where you can usually find a discography. You obviously realise that when you click on a torrent you can click on the files part and it will list the content.

"You obviously realise that when you click on a torrent you can click on the files part and it will list the content"

I do, but it gets pretty complicated when there are thousand of files and when the listing doesn't contain a list of the files included.

In fact I'm looking for specific books, and sometimes Google shows me a torrent containing the book, but I can't find it in the listing. Which is why I wondered if there was a plug-in to enable the search inside a torrent.

Thanks again :)

My final shot. I never look for books but thought I would give it a go to see if I could find a specific book. I typed Stephen King book torrent into google and came up with ebooks for stephen king, I then clicked the link to get me to the torrent site and clicked on the file part of the torrent, think there were about 78 files. I then choose a book from inside the file and tried to search for it in The Pirate Bay search but nothing came up. I then thought I would try Isohunt and low and behold a number of files came up, not under that name, but the Stephen King one I had found earlier was their plus another one with this book inside. The upshot is, if you haven't already, search for the book with Isohunt, also, if you haven't already, just type the authors name in as some people tend to put all their books online. You may have a list of things come up, but they will not all be books. Good Luck and let me know if you have any joy.

Thank you very much for your answers.

I've already downloaded the torrent itself. I do not wish to download 6 Go of material in order to get the 1 or 2 books I'm after, which is why I wondered if I could browse the files fast (often the listing doesn't match the content of the torrent).

Thanks again.

Archived