restarting seeding files completely downloaded after drive change

china_seeder

I tried searching for how to do this, and the closest I came to what I think is the correct answer is:

http://lifehacker.com/5612315/how-to-seed-moved-or-renamed-files-in-bittorrent

However, when I follow those instructions, I get a message asking me if I want to overwrite the file. I most definitely don't want to overwrite the files I have already downloaded. So starting from what I did:

1) used uTorrent to download many files to C:\user\video\torrents. (I love Vodo)

2) realized my RAID (C:) was filling up too quickly and I don't need that much speed, so moved all my downloads to my big single drive (F:\video\torrents)

3) saved very few of the .torrent files I originally used to download with... maybe I have 1/3, which are now saved in F:\video\torrents\dot_torrents

4) uTorrent 3.1.2 tells me "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming", but if I force a recheck, it starts downloading again. That is no good, since I already have the files completely downloaded (I had none in progress when I made the move, was only seeding at the time, not leeching).

5) if I just try to force start, I get "Error: Files missing from job. Please recheck."

6) Any attempt to open the file location or left click the file sends me to "My Documents" folder, where I have never had my torrents saved. WTF?

Suggestions? What am I missing on how to start seeding (or peering, whatever it was I was doing) these files again. Only a couple of them had reached a ratio over 1 and I would like to continue helping out the community.

Archived