Yet Another "no such file or directories" please Advices

MooCan

Dear Community,

I'm using the last stable version of uTorrent and on a torrent I have always this error "no such file or directories" and then stops.

So I Have made some test using Windows and MacOSX.

I share some other's torrents without any error from same hard disk at the same time.

I have tried to change my targeted torrent location (hard disk), change targeted OS (win, mac) and wherever the location or whatever the OS I always have the same thing .... "no such file or directories"

It seems that the torrent contents some accentuated characters as ö (in uppercase and lower case) and as targeted name I have %D6 in place of ö

Some files which contains a ö has been well downloaded and I don't understand what is the matter with remaining files (containing or not accentuated characters).

If I do a force re-check there is no errors. I start download and then stop after 2 or 5 minutes. Impossible to finish the torrent.

How can I prevent uTorrent from creating a folder with the folder of the torrent name and say it to download to folder1/ and not in folder1/torrent name/

Many thanks for your advices

Kind Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have made many links using ln to folders or files which generates errors.

So good (true) folder name is linked to folder with bad (converted) name.

It seems after a force re-check, uTorrent can access folder using link for read access and I encountered less errors (not none but less).

It seems there is a problem with character encoding / conversion as the torrent is encoded with western (ISO Latin 1) and all accentuated character is converted by uTorrent to a combination of character as ö is converted to %D6

So uTorrent write torrent content to a folder with a bad (converted) name and can't access it sometimes for reading. Using Link with good (true) name allow uTorrent to access files for read access. It works well with folders but with file it is another story :). I had less errors and can finish the torrent but I can't get all files as some files have accentuated characters and link don't works with them.

I have done some system trace. For something like "Blue Öyster Cult" (as true name example) uTorrent write to folder using "Blue %D6yster Cult" and read using "Blue Öyster Cult" ... and sometimes depending of the complete path this generate error "no such file or directories" and log say that uTorrent can't access the folder "Blue Öyster Cult"

Which version of uTorrent do you use ?

Could you change or manage the complete path to targeted location ?

I can't remove the "Torrent names" from being a part of the destination path.

Kind Regards

Archived