How can I tell if BTGuard is working?

walkngdude

Hi, I did the easy install and it's working fine but when I follow the instruction to see if my IP is hidden the one displayed at the checkmytorrenttip.com site is the same as the one displayed in my tracker warning in utorrent. So that means that I'm not hidden right? I've been messing with this for a long time, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I still see my IP.

Can anyone tell me what is up here?

Hi, I did the easy install and it's working fine but when I follow the instruction to see if my IP is hidden the one displayed at the checkmytorrenttip.com site is the same as the one displayed in my tracker warning in utorrent. So that means that I'm not hidden right? I've been messing with this for a long time, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I still see my IP.

Can anyone tell me what is up here?

I can't help, but I'm having exactly the same problem!

If you get "love letters" from someone you don't love.... it ain't working :D

You Know, I think it is working. The thing that was bugging me is in utorrent when I check tracker of a file I would see "Warning: your IP is ***.**.**.*** and I'd look at my detected IP at checkmytorrenttip.com and it was the same so I'm thinking that mt IP is exposed.

Well not so as per this Youtube video that talks about BTGuard. The pertininate part starts at about 7:00 and he say that the IP that you see in Utorrent with the warning is not your IP but the IP of the poxy at BYGuard that is hiding your real IP.

I don't know if this is true but it appears so to me.

I was getting email from Comcast about my downloads even using Peerguard so I quit but all seems well now, for now. I'll recap if things change.

Rock On!!!!!

You Know, I think it is working. The thing that was bugging me is in utorrent when I check tracker of a file I would see "Warning: your IP is ***.**.**.*** and I'd look at my detected IP at checkmytorrenttip.com and it was the same so I'm thinking that mt IP is exposed.

Well not so as per this Youtube video that talks about BTGuard. The pertininate part starts at about 7:00 and he say that the IP that you see in Utorrent with the warning is not your IP but the IP of the poxy at BYGuard that is hiding your real IP.

I don't know if this is true but it appears so to me.

I was getting email from Comcast about my downloads even using Peerguard so I quit but all seems well now, for now. I'll recap if things change.

Rock On!!!!!

Read here primarily #11, #12 Topic BTGuard...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=70914

What does Comcast basically say in these emails ie. are they warning you about action from other entities or are threatening to take some sort of action themselves? ( just asking cause I have Comcast... never had a problem using Peerblock only)

Archived