µTorrent for Ubuntu server 11.10

Thrall

Hello,

Does the version for linux is curently working as a server application ?

Because I built a server based on Ubuntu server 11.10 which is disigned to work as seed box. :cool:

I wanted to know also how does it work for the configuration ? (I want to set-up folders to receive torrents and when the files are complete I want to transfer them in a folder accessible form the network).;)

I also want if that version of µtorrent can be monitored by an android / apple application ? :)

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have a similar set-up as you, so my responses will stem from that.

A) Linux is not like Windows. The difference between a server-edition and GUI/desktop-edition in Linux does not involve getting a whole new install. When you decide to pre-configure your Linux distrobution, you're merely selecting different packages that can skew your install towards a specific use. By installing different packages, you can take your desktop install and "make" it a server install as well. Long story short, this install will work exactly as you wish (whether you have a server- or desktop-skewed installation).

B)Via the installation manual, it is completely possible to have uTorrent move files around at various stages of their download. How you chose to do network sharing is strictly about setting up the pemissions on the folder that the "file" torrents move to. (I have a 'share' folder that all the finalized downloads live in).

C) Specific app, I am not sure. However the web-GUI should be able to load onto android phones within the browser, assuming you have the web-GUI running and the device is able to access that web port of the box.

Good luck mate!

Archived