No seeds/peers

Juliett

I updated the program to the latest version (used to have 1.5.14), and the connection status became "Unavailable", so I got back to the old version, and it showed that I have NO seeds at all where there used to be thousands. I reopened utorrent again and now I have no peers either.

Everything in the preferences stayed as it always was before when it worked perfectly.

Hi Jullet,

we are trying to reproduce your issue, could you tell what is your OS and probably send us the log file to mac@bittorrent.com (open window -- message log -- check "set all logging flags" in preferences (right bottom corner) -- then "save" button).

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I think I have the same problem... I had an older version that had been working perfectly on snow leopard and I started getting failed torrents. My internet connection is working. I am using a manually forwarded port but have also tried a randomised port. In the preferences sometimes it says the connection is working, sometimes unavailable and sometimes no incoming connections. I updated to the latest version and also tried the 1.7.4 beta. When I add a torrent, the initial dialogue it reports 0GB size.

I tried the Slackware torrent that is recommended for testing and it does work. But nothing else I've tried works. I also have downloaded Transmission and torrents are working there but not in uTorrent.

• 1 month later...

Oh, thank you so much redrich2000. It works perfectly with that Transmission program! I`ve almost lost any hope by now.

No more uTorrent! God knows I`ve been freaking patient hoping you`d even care to help me. I`ve written emails as you said, I asked here over and over again. And it`s not even like you just failed to help me - you didn`t even bother to respond! And it`s been months now!

I really hope all the people here see now, how much you care for your loyal users. Bye-bye.

• 5 months later...

Archived