Help with seeding please

kristy.smith62

Hi guys I know you are probally sick of this question but please help I want to do the right thing.

This is what my torrent looks like I have been seeds for 8 hours, which one needs to be 1.50

seeds 0 (526)

Peers 0 (489

Seeds/Peers 1.075

Ratio 0.123

Avail 1.000

Is it the ratio or seeds/peers that needs to be 1.50.

Is there away to make it go faster.

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm pretty new to this and I have tried to create my first torrent - followed the instructions, I thought! However, although I did create a torrent file and uploaded it to a torrent site OK, no-one can download the file. I downloaded the torrent myself and it shows no seeds.

I did tick the box "start seeding" but nothing happened ie the file did not appear in uTorrent.

I've been through the procedure again and read the help, but I can't see what I've done wrong. Be grateful for any suggestions.

First thing you did wrong was hijack another persons post.

2nd thing, is maybe nobody is interested in your torrent, so nobody is downloading it.

3rd, you will be the only seed until those downloading it from you have 100% of your file(s), and start seeding it.

How many have downloaded it from you?

Well, it seemed a bit superfluous to start another topic called "help with seeding please", so I did what I did.

2nd thing, having 50 or 60 leechers sort of meant people were interested.

3rd, I'd be happy to be the only seed - i do of course, realise this - until some others have downloaded it, but you seem to have missed the point entirely in that I am not able to seed it all.

So, not helpful!

Well, it seemed a bit superfluous to start another topic called "help with seeding please", so I did what I did.

2nd thing, having 50 or 60 leechers sort of meant people were interested.

3rd, I'd be happy to be the only seed - i do of course, realise this - until some others have downloaded it, but you seem to have missed the point entirely in that I am not able to seed it all.

So, not helpful!

Sorry, to not be helpful. I'll try again.

Did you search the troubleshooting section of the forum, after installing and configuring uTorrent properly, then reading this sticky?

FAQ

Yes, I've read all of the FAQs that seemed relevant. The one thing that sticks out is that (according to my understanding) if I tick the box marked "start seeding" when I create the torrent file, it should automatically appear in uTorrent (seeding) after I click "create and save". This isn't happening, so whatever mistake I am making is stopping this.

I do have anti-virus s/w and Windows firewall, but I'm sure I have configured uTorrent correctly because I have downloaded a number of files and have no problem seeding those when they are complete.

It is the creation of a correct torrent file and seeding from new that I am not managing. I'm sure millions of people have done it perfectly well, so I am feeling particularly stupid right now.

Yes, I've read all of the FAQs that seemed relevant. The one thing that sticks out is that (according to my understanding) if I tick the box marked "start seeding" when I create the torrent file, it should automatically appear in uTorrent (seeding) after I click "create and save". This isn't happening, so whatever mistake I am making is stopping this.

I do have anti-virus s/w and Windows firewall, but I'm sure I have configured uTorrent correctly because I have downloaded a number of files and have no problem seeding those when they are complete.

It is the creation of a correct torrent file and seeding from new that I am not managing. I'm sure millions of people have done it perfectly well, so I am feeling particularly stupid right now.

When I create a torrent in uTorrent 3.2, it does appear after I click "create and save", if I tick the "start seeding" box, so I have no idea what your problem could be.

It isn't going to seed though, because I haven't uploaded it to a torrent hosting site for others to find.

If you searched the General, and Troubleshooting forums, and did not find a solution, then I would suggest you post a new thread in Troubleshooting.

Good Luck!

OK, I'll go over the procedure once again with a completely new file and if I still can't make it work, I'll do as you suggest.

Edit:

I tried it with a new file altogether and it worked perfectly. So I deleted the torrent file that I had created with the original one and did it again - also worked perfectly. I am at a loss to know what I did wrong with it the first time, but repeating the action without first deleting the torrent file doesn't work ie it won't overwrite the existing torrent file, so if you stuff it up you must delete the torrent file before trying it again. Actually, it is so simple that it takes a real genius to stuff it up!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived