couple problems im hoping will be easy to solve!

iWheeler

been having a few problems with download speeds and couldn't find an answer through searching this forum so i thought i'd go through this setup guide: http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/connection-setup this is where my next problem came, where on earth do i find the setup guide?? i've looked all through system preferences etc. and nothing, it says "or press ctrl + G" that does nothing.

i didn't understand some of these setup guides people posted in threads so i wanted to try the above for a nice easy visual tutorial on what to do but i can't find it the setup guide!

also this is the reason im trying to find out how to configure the settings as i've never touched them.. since i got my new internet (virgin 30mb) about 3 months ago it has been awesome always getting maximum speed, torrents would download at 3.8MB/s (megabytes i assume not megabits) even with older torrents they were usually pretty quick but over the last week or so i've been struggling to get anything better the 400kB/s.. sometimes it may very slowly climb to around 1MB, this is even with around 35 seeds, 10 peers, lots of trackers, 36.0 availability, oh and these are all very popular new torrents i'm talking about which used to always download at 3.8MB now im lucky to get around 500kB at best. i've even downloaded something before with 0 seeds at like 1-2MB/s.

this is also at like 10pm at night with nobody else connected to the internet, just my macbook pro connected via ethernet cable for faster connection (switched off wifi on my mbp)

if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated

just had a quick read of megabytes and megabits, did not realise bytes usually used to talk about storage and bits for data transfer and that 1byte = 8bits, makes sense now why i get 3.8Mb/s download speed from my 30MB deal, 3.8 x 8 = 30.4! learn something new everyday..

Archived