uTorrent causes sites to not load

dundunDUN123

uTorrent was working fine until a few days ago. Now, whenever I open uTorrent, the download and upload speeds are incredibly slow (around 20 - 50 kb/s). I don't think its a problem with the torrent because I got it on another computer without any problems.

Having uTorrent on also causes my internet browsers to behave funny. Sites refuse to load, and the progress bar at the bottom perpetually says "Waiting for _______.com." Tested on 3 browsers (IE, FF, C) with same results for all. The only one that seems to work is google.com. Closing uTorrent does not solve this problem. Sites will continue to display that message. Waiting for a long period of time will make the problem go away, as well as performing a system restore, but the problem always pops up when I open uTorrent. Restarting the computer doesn't work. I believe smaller sites still work, as Google does connect, and I can connect to Steam.

This problem has only arisen recently, as I have gotten torrents on this computer before without any problems. I did download the recent uTorrent update, and the problem started around that time, but I doubt that'd cause this. I'm running Windows 8 and Avast Antivirus. How can I solve this problem?

You're connection on that particular pc is probably being overloaded..

Try to lower your global connections, connected peers and/or peers per torrent in increments of 10 until you find your sweet spot. You can also try lowering your global upload limit while you're at it.

Archived