help my upload speed is cut in half

Imsomad

hello there i use a cable modem(so port forwarding is not need?) its the arris cm550a, for couple of days now i noticed my upload speed has been cut in half (only half of my upload speed is been utilized) i use utorrent 3.1.3. all of this started when a recently began uploading 24/7 for months without having the protocol encryption setting enabled, could i be my ISP is throttling my speed? i turn off my torrent and did a speedtest and the results came back showing my upload speed has been cut in half or less. any suggestions on how to bring back my full upload speed? (i might consider using a seedbox if this doesnt come back to normal).

also correct me if im wrong, i read that a cable modem can cap itself if too many incoming connection are connected at once?

Im wondering if it is your ISP throttling torrent traffic.

I would test this by using something other than torrent traffic and test the speed...

What does http://www.speedtest.net/ give you? If thats showing the advertised speed then it may be throttling on their end. If it to shows half, then you should contact your ISP about not getting what you are paying for.

• 2 weeks later...
Im wondering if it is your ISP throttling torrent traffic.

I would test this by using something other than torrent traffic and test the speed...

What does http://www.speedtest.net/ give you? If thats showing the advertised speed then it may be throttling on their end. If it to shows half, then you should contact your ISP about not getting what you are paying for.

i know its been 2 weeks and its still that way, but here what happened today, because i'm still uploading with the 1/3 speed that i still have , the isp has gone as far as limiting the bandwidth further as never i history has my 12mb download speed has gone below 8mb, now its 4mb on various speedtest which again limits my upload speed to 1/10 of its maximum speed and hence another throttle :| im pissed right now and i'm only paying 1/3 of my bill this month

Archived