problem installing in windows 8

scotty12345

Hi

I'm trying to install utorrent in windows 8, I download the utorrent.exe file, run it as administrator but then nothing happens. Weirdly, when I tried to delete the file and start again, I couldn't because the file was in use. I then found that it was running as a background file.

Even though it says the .exe file is running, I can't get to it. I'm thinking its a fire wall problem but I don't really know. I've also tried earlier versions and the same thing happens, I also had it working just fine on windows 7, so I'm sure it's something to do with windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I'm trying to install utorrent in windows 8, I download the utorrent.exe file, run it as administrator but then nothing happens. Weirdly, when I tried to delete the file and start again, I couldn't because the file was in use. I then found that it was running as a background file.

Even though it says the .exe file is running, I can't get to it. I'm thinking its a fire wall problem but I don't really know. I've also tried earlier versions and the same thing happens, I also had it working just fine on windows 7, so I'm sure it's something to do with windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I am having the EXACT same problem as you as well :(.. I just installed Windows 8 Pro x64 and then came here downloading µtorrent, but it's just running in the background. I also tried running it as compataility mode for Windows 7 as well but with no success.

Archived