Jump to content

wireless link speed issue (Utorrent 3.3 Build 29126)


Recommended Posts

I recently switched from Comcast to Centurylink and have narrowed a speed issue down to when using Utorrent. I initialy thought is was my adapter PCI (wmp600n) Lynksis. So I purchased a D-link DWA-548 PCIe adapter and have the same results. In both instances I was using the current drivers offered for the cards. So I decided to test with Utorrent off and my link speed stays at 144mb (both adapters). If I turn on Utorrent the link speed drops within several minutes or so to 1.0mb (shown within network and sharing). The router Centurylink gave me is a new Actintec C1000A dual band DSL (firmware is current). I've tried different settings within the dsl configuration but have come up empty handed. The only way to re-establish my higher link speed is to either reboot or reset the adapter. The desktop is in close proximity to the dsl router 10 feet. Running the current version of Utorrent.

Update: 3/18/13 09:25hrs Pacific

Ran PC for 10 hours last night with Utorrent off and no slow down on link speed of wireless. Turned on Utorrent and in just under 10 mins link speed dropped to 1.0mbps from 144.0mbps. Utorrent settings are all default with the exception of Encryption set at: Forced and Legacy: Unchecked, Upload set at 30kbps and download at Unlimited.

System specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS-F-10)

Core i5 2500k unclocked

8GB G-Skill RAM

XFX HD Radeon 6870 1GB 256Bit (CCC 13.1)

Sound Blaster Xfi Xtreme gamer

1TB Maxtor SATA-2 32mb cache

1TB Hitachi SATA-3 32mb cache

Antec 650w PSU

Rosewill mid tower challenger

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...