Open files directly from within uTorrent

josh000

Hello,

I apologize if this has been posted previously or if there is a known solution etc. I tried searching for it but could not find anything.

I am generally a Windows user and use the Windows version of uTorrent, from where I often open files that have finish downloading directly from the uTorrent files dialogue.

I am trying to setup the mac version of uTorrent, and can't seem to replicate that functionality. It would be much easier for my parents to do so instead of navigating through their mess of a downloads folder (which will always be a mess).

Is there any way to enable this functionality?

Thank you.

On windows go to preferences - UI settings - then look at the bottom and set actions for double click to open folder.

Also if you right click on the top where it says name status etc you will see an option for file path - check it and the file's location will appear in a column.

Or they could copy the title of the file directly from utorrent then use a program like Everything to find it easily.

EDIT - I was hoping the Mac version would be parallel, I guess no though :(

On windows go to preferences - UI settings - then look at the bottom and set actions for double click to open folder.

Also if you right click on the top where it says name status etc you will see an option for file path - check it and the file's location will appear in a column.

Or they could copy the title of the file directly from utorrent then use a program like Everything to find it easily.

The windows instructions don't apply to the os x version.

Archived