Can't locate downloaded files

Nephos

This issue has just occured the past few weeks. For some reason, the files downloaded with uTorrent don't appear where they're supposed to, neither can I locate them in any folder when connecting my smartphone to the computer. However, I am able to play downloaded videos/music by selecting the files on the list of downloaded torrents. Video files also appear in the MX Player playlist and can be playbacked.

In conclusion, the torrent files seem to be properly downloaded but are probably stored in a different location with a different name. I've already tried reinstalling the uTorrent app, but the problem still persists. Is there a solution for this? Even if the download location can't be changed, simply knowing where the files are stored would suffice for me.

(On a further note, whenever uTorrent is downloading something, my phone (Sony Xperia S) starts lagging tremendously and I'm pretty much unable to multitask. I don't urgently need a fix for this, but if there's one I'd be glad to hear it.)

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue, and have posted on this.. No one here seems to be able to help from what I have researched :( However,

I have made SOME progress on this.. WHat I have found so far, is that uTorrent does not change the file names and DOES indeed store them where they are sposed to be, However for some unknown reason the File permissions are set to a way that you cannot access or see the files.. I found this by navigating to the said folder in a Root Explorer on my Rooted phone.. I am so far, Unable to change the permissions to have them show up on the pc... I am attempting a few theories to solve the issue.. If I figure something out, I will let you know

• 1 month later...

I also had the same issue with the HTC One X+ the first thing that worked for me was just restarting the phone after I had downloaded what ever files. That worked most of the time but sometimes some files would add and some wouldn't. So I then downloaded ES File Explorer from the play store and all the files were in downloads using that app then I could checkmark an album or video and hit send to and chose where I wanted it to go like music, and it worked. Hope this helps

• 3 months later...

For Those people who came across this problem after upgrading your android phone or ICS please complete all the remaining downloads in your uTorrent and after all the downloads are complete delete all torrents and then uninstall uTorrent from your phone and power off your android phone wait for 2 minutes then power on your phone, now connect your phone to computer see whether you can see all your files. Then go to playstore and install uTorrent and now your problem must be solved. Now when you connect your phone to the computer you must be able to see all your uTorrent downloaded files.

After doing all these if you are having the same problem then follow these steps go to PlayStore on your phone download MyPhone Explorer client and install it. And on your computer download MyPhone Explorer from this site http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php and install it on your computer. After installing go to your phone and go to settings and enable USB Debugging mode on Developer Options on your phone and run MyPhoneExplorer Client on your phone. Now connect your phone to computer using USB or Bluetooth while connecting for the first time unlock your phone screen and follow the instructions on your computer screen select phone with Google Android OS, once your phone is connected all your contacts and messages are copied to your computer you can backup your applications files etc to your computer. Now select Files on MyPhoneExplorer and select memory card now you can see all your uTorrent downloaded files select download or drag and drop the selected file which you want to copy to the computer to desired location. But the coping process takes much more time as it can copy the files at 2-3 Mbps speed. At the same time open your phone memory card and go to download folder of Utorrent, In some phones while you are copying a file using MyPhoneExplorer the files would been seen after few minutes and then you can directly copy it from here since this process of copying is speed from copying it through MyPhoneExplorer.

Sorry for my Bad English

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This issue has just occured the past few weeks. For some reason, the files downloaded with uTorrent don't appear where they're supposed to, neither can I locate them in any folder when connecting my smartphone to the computer. However, I am able to play downloaded videos/music by selecting the files on the list of downloaded torrents. Video files also appear in the MX Player playlist and can be playbacked.

In conclusion, the torrent files seem to be properly downloaded but are probably stored in a different location with a different name. I've already tried reinstalling the uTorrent app, but the problem still persists. Is there a solution for this? Even if the download location can't be changed, simply knowing where the files are stored would suffice for me.

(On a further note, whenever uTorrent is downloading something, my phone (Sony Xperia S) starts lagging tremendously and I'm pretty much unable to multitask. I don't urgently need a fix for this, but if there's one I'd be glad to hear it.)

Thanks in advance.

Try going to your internal storage or sd card and selecting android, then data. After that scroll until you find the utorrent folder, select it then select files and your files should be there

Archived