Download stops at checked 0.0% with 3.3 plus

dontSeattle

I have 3.3 plus build 29533 and as of today it has stopped downloading torrents, stopping at checked 0.0%. I have tried to download the update but it has failed for the last 4 days. I'm concerned that if I just download the latest off the web site I'll lose my plus version. Is there another way to download and install the plus update?

Hello,

Downloading the update manually shouldn't affect your Plus version at all.

You're experiencing a bug that cropped up in a couple recent builds of uTorrent. The latest build should be unaffected by this bug, so try downloading it here: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/

If you are still encountering the same bug, or if your Plus status is affected, please post again here or send me an email at help@utorrent.com

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick response. The utorrent.exe file downloads from the web site but fails confirmation. The file name on my disk is "unconfirmed268074.crdownload". I'm downloading it through the latest version of Chrome on Win8 but I suspect this is the same problem the automatic updater in utorrent is having and why it's failing to update the build.

Any suggestions? By enabling upload encryption I was able to get the first torrent to complete but the rest in the queue stopped at checked 0.0%.

Unfortunately,

The bug is still present in the current release µTorrent 3.3.0.29544: sometimes checking hangs/stops at a certain percentage, sometimes it would not even start and stay at «Checked 0.0%».

The bug's impact is enhanced by the fact that µTorrent does not close down correctly since a couple builds. Even trying to remove it from memory via the task manager is often impossible, leaving a phantom process in memory until the PC is rebooted. This indicates a seriously flawed shut-down sequence and it is time somebody looked into the matter that was reported in this forum last year by other people who noticed the hanging verification problem (so much for «recent builds»). Since µTorrent crashes more often because it does not close in an orderly fashion, more people become aware of the «Checked ...%» problem.

One obvious workaround would consist in eliminating those bugs that lead to µTorrent's crashing in the first place, but since that is an utopic hope, at least squashing the very annoying problem with hanging checks of partially downloaded torrent files would be appreciated. The possibility to continue a download is BitTorrents major point of distinction -- if that does not work, one could just as well download split archives from file hosting servers, where there is at least no ratio requirement. ;)

µTorrent 3.3.0.29544: sometimes checking hangs/stops at a certain percentage, sometimes it would not even start and stay at «Checked 0.0%».

µTorrent does not close down correctly since a couple builds. Even trying to remove it from memory via the task manager is often impossible

I have noticed the same problems many times

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem since upgrading to 3.3 and upgrading builds several times. Im now using 29544 and the problem persists.I have found that when it stops downloading for reasons unknown I must kill the process in task manager and make sure to not download more than 2 torrents at a time this includes queued torrents.

Archived