uTorrent v3.3 build 29544 hangs at Connecting to peers...

DrkrZen

Hey, all. I'm a casual user of uTorrent and have been using it off and on over the years, that is until I updated it. I forgot what version I was using before, as of a few days ago, but when I updated to v3.3 build 29544, every torrent I attempt to download just hangs at "Connecting to peers..."

Just last week I downloaded a number of things just fine and with no trouble, at all. But then, silly me, I updated uTorrent (the "do ya wanna update!?" pop up annoyed me), and now its just used space on my HDD.

I honestly don't know what to do. I got this new laptop in March, downloaded uTorrent first day I got it and was downloading things just fine without fiddling with ANY settings for security or my router. So, it kind of throws me for a loop to update it only to have it not work, lol.

If anybody has any ideas what could be wrong with the newer versions of uTorrent, I'd love the advice. And, one other question, would it be possible to revert back to a previous version that actually works for me? If I could, this time I'd simply avoid updating.

Thanks in advance!

Archived