Someone explain disappearing seeds

legacy404

I am downloading a torrent and it started as 0 (0) then went to 1(1) then finally the second seed came (I knew it was there) 2(2) and now it's disappeared back to 1(1). Sometimes is goes 0(0). I've been waiting and going through my preferences to see what is what and I just don't know. I haven't seen 1(2) or 0(2), it's just single 1(1) or 0(0).

Can someone explain it to me please?

I am downloading a torrent and it started as 0 (0) then went to 1(1) then finally the second seed came (I knew it was there) 2(2) and now it's disappeared back to 1(1). Sometimes is goes 0(0). I've been waiting and going through my preferences to see what is what and I just don't know. I haven't seen 1(2) or 0(2), it's just single 1(1) or 0(0).

Can someone explain it to me please?

This means that the people you are downloading from have become unavailable, either by losing connection to the internet, purposely stopping their seeding, shutting down their computer, etc etc.

This is how bittorrent works - you need other people to be available with the data to be able to download the data yourself.

Archived