Question WRT µTorrent v. BitTorrent documentation & forum commonality

TL7

I am trying to get smarter WRT using the µTorrent client on Mac OS X. Before I post any questions to the community forums, I would like to verify that the µTorrent and BitTorrent clients are essentially the same product as per Simon Morris's July'2009 posts at forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=59671. I could not find any differences between the two clients when I did a baseline functionality comparison with the most recent Mac OS X releases.

I'm interested in confirming that this is still valid because I want to determine if the documentation and forums for µTorrent and BitTorrent can be used interchangeably — at least for the Mac OS X platform. I've found helpful information in BitTorrent resources that are not available in µTorrent resources but I don't want to move forward assuming that a 4+ year old data point is still valid...

• 2 weeks later...

BitTorrent has been using the (closed source) uTorrent core since 2009 (BT v6+), so the only real differences between uTorrent and BitTorrent is the livery. So the help documentation for BT MAC is only going to change significantly in respect to the colours and layout used for the GUI.

Archived