Download complete notification

zabi

Hello

I am using utserver µTorrent Server 64-bit (3.0 build 27079) on ubuntu 12.04 and I would like a notification when torrent is complete. That is why I wrote my one script

#!/bin/bash
notify-send "Torrent is complete." -i utorrent-icon

Than I added that script in a “Run this program when a torrent finishes:” line, but nothing happens. When I run the script from the terminal the notification is shown. The log file says that the script has been executed

Executing: /home/blaz/.uTorrent-linux/notification.sh

so I assume that the problem is with the script. Is there a special language in witch the script must be written?

Thank you for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like a notification when torrent is complete. That is why I wrote my one script

#!/bin/bash
notify-send "Torrent is complete." -i utorrent-icon

Your script looks OK (assuming notify-send is in the PATH).

Than I added that script in a “Run this program when a torrent finishes:” line, but nothing happens. When I run the script from the terminal the notification is shown. The log file says that the script has been executed

Executing: /home/blaz/.uTorrent-linux/notification.sh

so I assume that the problem is with the script.

It's not the script - it's how you run the script. You'll need to specify the following to uTorrent Server:

/bin/bash /home/blaz/.uTorrent-linux/notification.sh

uTorrent Server runs the command line as you specify, not through a shell.

Is there a special language in witch the script must be written?

No. You just need to set up the run of a shell script by specifying the shell, not the script itself, as the executable.

• 2 months later...

Archived