A question about torrent.

pewe

Forgive my ignorance, but I have just used utorrent for the first time and have a question.

I downloaded three files which were reported to be 1.17/1.18/1.14 gb.

The downloads eventually completed the download and then started 'seeding'.

The problem I have is that when I extract the .rar files downloaded, all 3 report a damaged archive.

I ran the torrent for one of the files again and this time it started a 99.8%, then completed and once again started to seed, but once again the extraction failed.

Is it likely that these files are corrupt, or is there something else I'm missing.

Any input appreciated.

Is it likely that these files are corrupt, or is there something else I'm missing.

Probably corrupt from the getgo and nothing you can do about those 3 you've downloaded.

Try staying away from rar or zip files especially concerning movies, videos...

The indexing site you downloaded the torrent files from most likely do not verify good from bad torrents...Alot of fakes goin around especially from the copycat isohunt.to site...

Usually you can get a good idea on the amount of seed/peers on a particular torrent or check the +1 comments from users that have already downloaded the torrent.

Is it likely that these files are corrupt' date=' or is there something else I'm missing.[/quote']

Probably corrupt from the getgo and nothing you can do about those 3 you've downloaded.

Try staying away from rar or zip files especially concerning movies, videos...

The indexing site you downloaded the torrent files from most likely do not verify good from bad torrents...Alot of fakes goin around especially from the copycat isohunt.to site...

Usually you can get a good idea on the amount of seed/peers on a particular torrent or check the +1 comments from users that have already downloaded the torrent.

Thanks Beasly.

Comments on the site seemed to imply the files were legit and OK, and the info in utorrent listed a number of seeds in different countries using various versions of utorrent.

I'll try a re-download of one file and see what transpires.

Thanks again.

Archived