HELP! Utorrent disappeared from my pc. Where did it go?

geb

Just started my laptop an hour ago and utorrent was gone from my desktop.  Gone from my Program Files.  Gone from Start >  All Programs.

I did a global search of my C: drive and all I found was the installation file. 

I've got hours and hours of content that I have not yet archived in utorrent.  I"m despairing. 

I've done nothing at all that would seem to have caused this. It was there last time I was working on my laptop.

What's up?

Whew.  All's good.   I searched again but noticed an option to "include hidden files and folders" in the search options.

It popped up and I dragged it to the desktop.  Opened and all of my downloads are intact.

How the heck did this happen? (just out of curiosity)

• 5 months later...

Whew.  All's good.   I searched again but noticed an option to "include hidden files and folders" in the search options.

It popped up and I dragged it to the desktop.  Opened and all of my downloads are intact.

How the heck did this happen? (just out of curiosity)

thanks a bunch for this post. i had the same thing happen. after shutting down utorrent is nowhere to be found and i dont have it set to start up when my computer does because i do not use it very often. i had like 90% of a dl in my office then had to go home. today i was going nuts trying to find it. im puzzled why it installs as a hidden file. maybe for some kind of security measure? i have windows 8 and it was hidden but located at C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe where X is your login username. cant believe i never thought to search for hidden files although being somewhat experienced in the computer field i guess i should have assumed to always check hidden files. thanks again man!

Archived