4.4 on Tegra Note 7 puts uTorrent to sleep

myztlpyk

I have several tablets, and uTorrent works fine with Private Internet as my VPN EXCEPT on one tablet, the EVGA Tegra Note 7 which just got an OTA update to Kit Kat Android 4.4.

Whenever the tablet goes to sleep (whether by time out, or by power button), uTorrent keeps running fine for a little while but then seems to get suspended.

Both uTorrent and my VPN go into "deep" sleep mode when the tablet goes to sleep, so deep they stop the torrent or in one case slow it down so much it says it will take weeks to complete the dl. In one instance they didn't completely disconnect, but the download rate droped from megabytes per second down to megabits per second (less than kbps).

I experimented with the Tegra 4 power setting options - it has three, high performance, balanced, and saving - only high performance will keep it downloading reliably, but the tablet was very hot when I came back to it in just a few hours and the battery was almost exhausted from a full charge.

I checked another power setting, which stops the apps you check, when in "sleep"  mode - this is another Nvidia special setting I believe - and no apps were "checked". So I don't think this is the problem.

I never used uTorrent or VPN on this particular tablet before.

uTorrent and VPN both work fine, together, on an Asus MemoPad HD7 and on a Google Nexus 7 (2013 edition). Even when they enter sleep mode, whether from user inactivity or from button pressing.

So I think it is a Tegra Note 7 (Tegra 4 processor) issue, but wanted to check here.

I am using the latest edition in the paid Pro version.

Archived