Exclusive upload option

HisDudeness

Hi everyone! What I want to ask is if it's possible to do a certain thing, and request it as a future feature (pardon my wordplay) if we can't do it now.

To better explain it, I'll expose my particular case: I live in Italy, where SDSL does not exist, and upload bandwith is a ridiculous fraction of the download one. Final result being, I can upload at a terribly low speed.

Suppose I have released a new torrent, so I want to send it to the first future seeds. Given my slowness, the only option to do that  without ages passing and my torrent dying, would be to dedicate my whole upload bandwith to it. That can be achieved by stopping all other seeding completed downloads. However, if I'm downloading some incomplete torrents, those will automatically seed, "stealing" my upload.

Is there a way to avoid them from seeding without stopping the download? To prevent users from downloading without seeding at all, that can be permitted only if other active torrent are uploading succesfully, or something like that. Or, is there a way to give actual priorities to uploads? So that, if my bandwith is occupied by incomplete torrents seeding, but then I want a particular torrent to send data, when a leech connects to it all necessary bandwith will be transferred from them to it?

Try this: select all torrents except your new torrent, rightclick and use "Bandwith Allocation" and set the limit for upload to the lowest possible value of 1 kB/s (not unlimited!)

I hope this windows functions exist also in the linux version ...

Archived