Changing Dowload Location Deletes Folder

codyh1192

Hi everyone so I have utorrent set up to put my torrents in folder A. Well I started a torrent and while it was going (I did not stop it because it had just started) I changed it to folder B by right clicking on the torrent > advance > set download location. This then deleted folder A (had about 100 gb of data in it). 

Is this a known bug? Is there anyway of getting the data back. I'm currently running Recuva and have had no luck so far.

Thanks for any help. I could understand if the file got corrupt but it deletes the whole folder.

Update: I made operating system file visible and discovered a locked recycle bin file. If I run Recuva on this it outputs a jumbled mess of files. It does not restore folder A to its original state. 

Any suggestions or does anyone know why it's happening? thanks

Update: It appears that the Folder A had moved to folder B along with the torrent I was downloading not sure how this happened. Also I don;t thin it does this when you stop the torrent you want to move. Just wanted to let anyone know if anyone else was having trouble.

Archived