Jump to content

(SUCCESS) Getting linux server and BTGuard working without fuss


Recommended Posts


Thought Ill post here for others like myself who struggle(d) to get utserver for linux up and running with BTGuard.

I havn't tried to take certain steps out as I am so happy it worked and is runing stable, so please feel free to adjust the following if it works for you.


Broadly, I downloaded

Debian “wheezy” (7.4) Official netinst images from here http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/#netinst-stable 

and µTorrent Server 32-bit for Debian 7.0 (3.3 build 30470) from here http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux


I then installed Debian on my virtualbox server https://www.virtualbox.org/  and installed the µTorrent Server there and got it all up and running without BTGuard.

I then installed dante-client (apt-get install dante-client) and changed the config file at /etc/dante.conf to



route {

        from: to: via: proxy.btguard.com port = 1025

        command: bind



route {

        from: to: via: proxy.btguard.com port = 1025

        protocol: tcp udp

        proxyprotocol: socks_v5




yes only that is needed. :)


I then logged into my µTorrent Server's gui and changed the settings to accommodate btguard (you have to have an account there).

I then stopped the utserver and rebooted the machine, and whallaaa...

BTW all of this took me a whole day to figure out :huh:


I hope it can help someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...