I stop seeding once the file finishes downloading.. but I want to seed from my phone.

Fr1day13

It seeds just fine while I'm downloading, but then doesn't seed at all when I finish that file.  How do I keep seeding after I finish downloading on android?  I'm using the latest version.

Then again, I am just basing this off of having downloaded a popular GoT torrent, opening up my upload settings to max, then having my upload rate sit at 0 for the next few minutes.. Maybe just noone connected to me yet?

I actually just want to see what the max upload my phone is capible of because it should be 19x faster than my home connection.

http://pastebin.com/sN1d4Ett

http://redd.it/28rh7w  Check that thread for discussion too.  Here's the post I made there that is the pastebin I linked.

1. I made a comment[here](http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/28qa6t/a_guy_spends_13_years_making_and_remaking_his/cidkx3a), and susequently asked a question [here](), but I don't have any good answer yet.  Network speed and torrent speed is important here, so let me define this:
  3. Home (tested max):  15 mega**bits** down 1 mega**bit** up...actual torrent dl speed 1.9 mega*bytes* down 150 kilo*bytes* upload
  5. Phone (tested max): 70 mega**bits** down 19 mega**bits** up... actual torrent dl speed 4.7 mega*bytes* down 600 kilo*bytes* up
  7. So, I make the torrent from that reddit post.  It is 127mb.  Not big.  It was a torrent of a game that is FTP on the internet.  I was the first one to make that torrent, and my cellphone was the first one to torrent it.  I literally watched my peer list go from empty to having an peer instantly pop up that was downloading the same speed I was uploading.  I deleted the file and torrent a few times from my cell phone, and re torrented it just to make sure that I knew that it was my phone on that peers list.
  9. So.  I download the torrent using Utorrent (and I've tried 3 other apps, Bittorent, Atorrent, Vuze with the same results), and it downloads fine.  It downloads fast actually.  Top speed hit like 2.2 megabytes a second down, and upload 600 kB/s up, so there were other people seeding in the swarm (becuase my home is only .7% of that upload), and I had no issues downloading.  As I download, I can seed/upload just fine, but as soon as it finishes downloading, the seed/upload speed goes to 0.
  11. I've been loosely able to correlate this with not connecting to any peers.  Right now my home internet is uploading 27.5 kB/s to someone in canada using Vuze.  My phone isn't connected to anyone though!  As I finished downloading the torrent, my peers dwindled to 0 as they each finished receiving the block of data from my phone.  It occasionally connects to someone, which is why I say loosely, but this is contrasted to my computer which has been mostly constantly uploading to someone.
  13. I tested most of this on that one torrent, so that I could control the variables as much as possible... but to rule out that this was just this torrent, I also test downloaded the most seeded thing on kickass.to which was the lastest episode of Game of Thrones.  Similar results.  It downloaded scary fast at 4.8 mB/s a second, and only ramped up to  200 kB/s because the 400mB file downloaded very quickly.  My seeding immediately started to die off after that GoT download finished on my phone.  Not the case on my home internet where that torrent too just keeps finding uploaders steadily.
  15. So my problem is that my phone, Nexus 5 lastest android Tmobile, won't steadily seed something after it downloads a torrent.  Does anyone have any solutions?  Also, advise me on any of trouble shooting info or experiments you need.   Thanks!

Archived