Torrent Completes but it is not complete

blowmonkey

Lately when I've been downloading I've noticed that the file will finish.  It says 100% finished and switches to seeding.   Then if I try and use the file, very often I get errors.  If I reload the torrent and force a recheck, the torrent comes up as incomplete and starts downloading again.  It's usually not more than 3% of the file, but it's enough that it isn't really complete.  On large files, I've stopped the torrent after it finished and started seeding and forced a re-check. It does the same thing again.  Usually after about 2 or 3 tries of this, the file will actually be complete and work.  Once I figured it out I started checking all of them.  This occurs on almost every single file I download.

Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this or how to troubleshoot?

I've noticed something stranger, on large files 10GB+, they almost never seem to check 100%.  I've been working with two different ones the last two days.   They finish, show 100% complete and start seeding, but if I stop and recheck, they are short, sometimes they were missing over half the files - this seems weird, like possibly an error.  I finally got on to recheck at 98.9%, I started it again to finish, rechecked and it was down to 92.3%.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it's a hard drive going bad?  Could that explain the data loss?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue. uTorrent says file is complete, I go to unrar files, and it says missing/corrupt file. I force recheck the torrent, and it shows bits and pieces missing (Usually file is somewhere between 97%-99.2%). I start the download, and it's the same issue (force recheck, still missing files). I have to do this more then 10-15 times to finally have a complete download, and even then sometimes it just won't complete.  Anyone know the cause of this? It is VERY frustrating!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm actually reproducing this on the Linux version of uTorrent. It's highly frustrating. I don't normally notice it but when I am waiting for a specific torrent to complete, it is never complete.

My 'work around' is usually to hit the stop button. Most times, this will actually complete the file. More recently, it has not been as generous. 

What kind of cache settings do you have set?

post-374630-0-56755300-1428813376_thumb.

Archived