1.1.6.1 Missing labels on dialogs

Bazerka

I first started using uTorrent from v 1.1.4 and this problem has persisted with every update since then (1.1.4, 1.1.5, 1.1.6, and 1.1.6.1).

Basically, as soon as I modify any settings, the next time I run uTorrent all the labels from the dialog boxes disappear. If I delete %APPDATA%/uTorrent/settings.dat the dialogs behave normally again, but as soon as I change the settings from default and restart, the fault reappears. Also, when this fault occurs, the mouse cursor changes to a black square when I hover over a column resize widget (eg, if I want to make the name column bigger in the torrent list view).

utorrent-missing-dialog-labels-thumb.jpg

If any further info is needed, please just let me know. I'd like to get this bug squashed as it's pretty annoying :) Apart from that, I must say uTorrent is a great client - keep up the good work!

EDIT :

I should add, when this fault is apparent it affects all dialog boxes within the client, not just the Options->Preferences dialog.

EDIT #2:

After some further testing and playing around, it seems as though I can temporarily fix this fault (dialog labels missing) by opening up either the File->"Add Torrent..." or File->"Add Torrent (no default save)..." dialogs and closing it again. However, once the client is restarted the fault immediately reappears.

Archived