Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psychowood

ng-torrent-ui : An alternative WebUI - multilanguage - with the classical UI also embedded

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Can you confirm how many torrents that you are able to load with your Alternative webui?

 

I'm having massive issues with the webui, which I believe is down to how many torrents I have in uTorrent, it's currently 700.

 

I've tried your alternative webui and I'm having the same issue of it crashing uTorrent everytime the webui is accessed.

 

It's driving me crazy! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using it with 7000+ torrents, the old UI stuttered a lot but this one does not.

I remember having some problems similar to yours with a specific uTorrent version. Which one are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v0.3.4

  • Added 'availability' in grid (in seeds/peers column) and details dialog
  • Added 'added on' in grid and details dialog (uTorrent 3+)
  • Added 'completed on' in details dialog (uTorrent 3+)
  • Added 'save as' (download location) in details dialog (uTorrent 3+)
  • Better grid auto-height handling
  • Fixed minor typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi psychowood.  Currently trying your latest release since the normal WebUI was throwing an error starting a few days ago.  Previously it worked great.  Trying your release as a possible alternative since Ultima doesn't seem to be online any more.

 

The gui is loading but it is showing 0 torrents.  If I load the classic gui that you include it throws the same json error I've seen this week only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My interface is still missing a complete error handling, sorry :)

 

The desktop interface works well?

The only thing that come to my mind is that maybe some strange torrent broke the API... did you load/upload something strange lately?

 

If you want to paste here the JSON error, I can give a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the same thing that an odd torrent did something OR my settings became corrupt.

Yes my desktop client still works.

I'll need to scrub the output as it has my private tracker info and post tomorrow.

I tried parsing the output looking for an extra \n or \r or non ASCII characters but didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

 

Edit:  sent in PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit:  sent in PM.

Gotcha.

 

You have PM.

 

The problem is a specific strange character in a torrent name, I probably can fix that but should be handled better by uTorrent itself, I'd say  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha.

 

You have PM.

 

The problem is a specific strange character in a torrent name, I probably can fix that but should be handled better by uTorrent itself, I'd say  :)

Thank you sir!  I tried deleting and re-doing the settings.dat, etc but realized it wasn't the cause.

 

I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1 because a private tracker demands it so perhaps it was corrected in a later release.

 

Can you PM me the torrent name that is causing it and I'll test removing it?

 

Thanks!

 

Edit: saw the PM.  Will look at that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v0.4.0 released!

  • Added "Preferences" tab to view and edit uTorrent settings
  • Added support for homescreen pinning (browser menu -> add to HomeScreen on mobile) with dedicated icon and fullscreen view
  • Added 'No label' filter
  • Added 'Status: error' filter
  • Fix for uTorrent bad character handling (caused crash of both ng-torrent-un and official WebUI)
  • Prevent text highlighting when selecting on grid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see the Settings (uTorrent) particularly interested in the connection tab to control the behavior of the "Proxy"

 

v0.4.0 has a first version of the Settings tab, including Proxy management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites